Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Five Questions About Me

Where are you from? I’m from Nicholasville, a little town south of Lexington. I believe this is where most idiots, trash, and rednecks reside. A boring place to live, but I like to call it home.

What is your experience with writing? Mainly I just write as part of school work, but I occasionally open a word document when life gets a little too tough and vent away.

Identify what you believe in. What is important to you? Empathy is the most important thing I believe in. “treat people the way you want to be treated” and “place yourself in their shoes” have been common expressions I grew up with.
It’s important to me to always keep and open mind, never to discriminate or judge others. 

What kind of popular culture do you consume? I love music. It’s most likely the greatest thing ever invented, and I don’t believe I could ever go a day without it. Some of my favorite bands include Manchester Orchestra, Brand New, and The Hush Sound. I’m not a huge fan of “popular” music.. I prefer to find my own semi-underground bands rather than turn on the radio. For leisure I watch movies and play disc golf. 

Why are you in college? I’m in college because I want to succeed in life. I don’t want to get stuck in the rut my town provides, like it did for the rest of my family. I want to travel the world, and when I look back in 40 years, I need to be proud of who I have become, along with what I have accomplished as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment